With all the digital marketing tools available to businesses today, it’s easy to get overwhelmed in the effort to choose the right solution for lead generation. But, as with any undertaking, it’s always best to start by building a solid foundation.
In this case, we’re talking about your website. Ready to dive in? Let’s go!
How to Turn Your Website Into a Lead Generation Machine
Lead generation today is not as easy as putting a few well-placed CTAs on your home page (although those are important too).
Here are a few actionable tips you can use today to pump up your website’s lead generation results.
- Improve Your User Experience. Your website’s design is ground zero for all interactions. If the user experience is cumbersome, if your page load time is slow or users can’t find what they are looking for immediately, you risk losing them quickly. In best practice, your website should feature:
- Clean design
- Simplified top navigation
- Responsive design (mobile-friendly)
- Lots of useful, relevant content
- Stockpile Awesome Content. No lead generation effort is complete without a solid content strategy. No matter what industry you operate in, if you’re selling something, your potential customers appreciate authority. Ask yourself what problems they are trying to solve. Create content around those needs and offer it in the form of blogs, white papers, tip sheets, checklists, and ebooks. Some content, like blogs, you will make available for free. Others, like ebooks and white papers, can be offered in exchange for their email or contact information.
- Promote Your Content. There are many ways to promote a piece of content you have created, some organic, some paid. Promoting your content extends the value of your efforts and helps you reach a wider audience. For example, say you post a blog on your website. Promote it on your social channels, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, to drive traffic back to your website and extend your reach. Ultimately, you are looking to create chatter around the topic (and therefore about your brand) through engagement such as comments, likes, and shares.Other ways you can promote your content include:
- Sponsored or boosted social posts
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Guest posts on other websites
- Simplify Your Contact Forms. When your site visitors take the leap to offer their contact info, the last thing you want to do is make the process difficult. Your contact forms should be simple and cleanly designed and contain as few fields as possible. Place these forms alongside downloadable content, strategically placed on your homepage, contact page, and accompanying any blog post.
- Optimize Your Landing Pages. Optimized landing pages are an essential component in the effort to generate leads. Landing pages are the destination when a prospective customer clicks on your ad. A well-designed landing page sticks to the point, minimizes distractions, and provides clear next-steps for the user to take. As always, the easier and more intuitive you make it, the more effective your efforts will be.
Lead generation is a daily effort, but if you focus on methods that get results, your funnel will always be full. Reach out today to learn more about how we can help you improve lead generation through website optimization.